Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Color Block No Sew, Fringe Shirt DIY


 This Shirt was made because of my Tee shirt scrap pile and the many
 Fringe shirts that I searched for on Pinterest.
Many of the fringe shirts I came across where  just cut out of one shirt which leaves your colors limited. I thought it would be nice to color block a fringe shirt using two different shirts. Super exciting  if you have a favorite Football team. Like Garnet and Gold or Orange and Blue.   These are Carolina Tar Heel colors which is pretty appropriate since my Family roots are from there.
 Another great thing about this shirt is it is completely no sew. My personal favorite.
 I found this half used white shirt from another project that  I had done and this poor blue shirt that was faded in the front, a match made in heaven. A great way to recycle.
Today I hope to finish this post and go outside to enjoy the beautiful Sunshine and Air.
there is just something different about the way the Sun hits the earth this time of year. I think even if I didn't have a calendar I would know that it is September. 
It just feels different, you know what I mean?

I had a fabulous day with my Mom and Grandmother Polly on Saturday.  My Mom and I meandered through Marshals and I found an awesome Teal Kate Spade crossover bag for Fall.

 My Grandmother gave us a list for the Grocery Store so we headed there to pick up her groceries.   After that we  picked Polly up and took her to have Coffee at Dunkin Doughnut
 (Our favorite meeting place.).


We took a selfie. Did I mention that she is 99 and will be 100 on October 13. Big Party is planned.
Then Grandmother mentioned how she wished she had some Liver and Onions so we went and picked her up some for her dinner (eww), then me and my parents went to dinner.

more Selfies with the Parents.
 All and All it was a wonderful day spent with the people I love.
I am really so very Lucky to have all of these wonderful people in my life.
Thank you  parents for being so awesome.
Ok let's go make stuff.

Things You Need

  1. Two Shirts
  2. Ruler
  3. Scissors
Cut both shirts in a straight line right under the sleeves.

Cut the collar into a v shape.

Cut the shirt you are going to use for the fringe  into strips about 1 inch wide.

Stretch them out and cut those strips in half
the more the merrier.
Find the middle of the shirt by folding the shirt in half and marking the middle.
Start from the middle and using the ruler mark every inch all the way around the shirt.
Make a small cut on your dots.
Fold the strip in half and place the folded end through the hole.
Put the other ends through the hole.
pull snug
Repeat all the way around the shirt.




Wear with a plain white tank underneath or change it up with different colors.
Have a wonderful day.
For a daily dose.
Follow me on 
and for those Pinterest addicts
I am also on there
addicted like everyone else.
<3 You,
Anne

4 comments:

  1. Anne, I really enjoyed seeing the pictures with your family. Wow 100. Hope she has a great birthday!!! Thanks for sharing. Pat S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patrica, they are such a blessing. XXOO

      Delete
  2. So nice you have your family around!! I lost my parents when I was growing up. Great job happy birthday to your grandma :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really blessed to have them here and living so close to me.XXOO

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!