Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, October 8, 2012

Skull, Tee-Shirt Scarf, DIY

I had a 10 inch wide  by 48 inch long strip of knit material left over from the bottom the polka dot shirt I did HERE a couple of weeks ago and I have been waiting for just the right project to use  it. Well with Fall nipping at my heels a skull scarf seemed like the perfect remedy for my quandary. 
 All of this was possible thanks to Ilovetocreate.com,
a fantastic site for fun projects and to get your creative juices  flowing.
You can find their awesome web site HERE.

 Tutorial 
Things you need.


  1.  Knit material *the bottom of a large shirt works great.  Dimensions:10 inches wide by 48 inches long.
  2. Small paint brush
  3. Scissors
  4. Fabric Tulip Paint HERE
  5. Skull Inspiration
  6. Tulip sponge HERE

 If your piece is a tube, cut one side open to make one long piece.


 Cut the hem off
I am saving the hem  piece to make something else with it.


 Now on each end cut small slits about 4 inches.

 then stretch them out,

 I used the tulip sponge to make dots all over the scarf.

Then I painted a rectangle on the bottom of each circle, to make the skull shape.


I then used a small brush and with the black tulip paint  I painted two eyes and a mouth.
Let all of that dry about 4 hours.


 Hello new skull scarf.

 I think this would look great on a shirt as well.



I hope you had a fab Monday,
mine was wonderful.
Lots of <3,
Anne

8 comments:

  1. how come you didnt use the stamp in your project??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stamp would not deposit enough paint. I tested it on scrap material and it just wouldn't work. so I decided to use the stamp picture as a guide.:)

      Delete
    2. yeah thats what i figured after i looked over it again but i love it anyway :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, so simple! I love this DIY. The skulls are so cute, but I guess you could use this technique to paint whatever design you want, right?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. please look at my blog:)
    btw: the diy looks good:)

    a-little-bit-style.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! I need to try soon...

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!