Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kiss Me: Lip Sweatshirt DIY.

Have you Checked out Ilovetogcreate.com. One of my wonderful sponsors. 
Also, if you live in the Central Florida Area.
 Orlando Southern Women's Show is happening from October 11-14,
 you should definitely check it out.
  1. Lip Stencil
  2. Sweatshirt
  3. Tulip Fabric Paint*
  4. Tulip Sponge pounces
  5. Cardboard or wax paper *for going in between the shirt*
  6. Scissors
  7. X-acto knife
  8. Hot pink Glitter
  9. Mod Podge Fabric Glue  HERE or HERE




Lip I liked.
  I found this on the internet. 



Print it.
 Use your x-acto knife to cut out your stencil.

Cut off your collar.


Place your cardboard in between your shirt.

Tape your stencil down.


Pick the color paint you want.
I picked the color Hot pink, and  I put paint on a piece of wax paper.

Pounce straight up and down over your stencil.
When I was all done with the color
 I used a little Mod Podge fabric glue  
and pounced it around the edge of the lip.


Then I sprinkled the glitter just on the edge,
 to give it that 3D effect.
Let that dry really well (4- 5 hours), then gently shake off the extra glitter.
*Wait 48 to 72 hours before you wash.
Hang Dry No dryer.

Wearing this out tonight with Keira Lennox, aka  A Pretty Penny
You should check out her wonderful boot re-style she did with tacks HERE.
Simply awesome.
Have a wonderful Wednesday
Lots of <3,
Anne.

33 comments:

  1. wowwwwwww
    I love it!

    thanks for share it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! My daughter will love this ! (and so does her mom...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooooooooooooooooove it!!!!!!
    thank you so much Anne!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!!!! Gonna try try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que lindo! Quero muito fazer.

    Beijos, Drika do oucacoloridovejaalto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your website and your wonderful projects! Where did you find the lips at?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would probably work with contact paper as well! Super cute, but then all of your projects are! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.. I could not find my contact paper:( but yes it would work wonderful with that:)

      Delete
  8. This look fantastic!
    xx Tanya
    http://aciddreamsandsugarhighs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally love how you gave the lips depth with those 2 shades...also LOVE that boot diy from a pretty penny! brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what size sweathshirt is that ?? really want to make this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so stinking cute! I love that exact sweatshirt! What brand/type is it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. This is a Foot of the loom sweatshirt.:)

      Delete
  12. http://www.makeupforbest.com/i-did-it-so-you-can-do-your-t-shirts/

    I think they used your images and didn't credit you :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is there a particular secret to getting the glitter to stick after the first wear? It was my first try and I might not have used enough glue, but I'm losing a lot. I might need to go back and add more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest the tulip glitter glue to seal on top of the glitter. I need to add that to the instruction. Thank you for reminding me.

      Delete
    2. You just put the glitter glue down on top of the glitter and let it dry?

      Delete
    3. Yes, it will act like a sealer. but just a thin layer.:)

      Delete
  14. I know you did this DIY a long time ago but how did you get the stencil and what size was it? sorry for the 20 questions but I really am interested in doing it. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Stencil was the size of an standard piece of paper, when you print it just make it fit the page. I love the questions. always ask them and never be sorry:) feel free to ask me anything else.
      Lots of love
      Anne

      Delete
  15. Thank you! I've seen this shirt all over tumblr and they summarized the full explanation but I didn't understand it at all. Finally I found the tutorial. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!