Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Circle Rings, DIY

Everyone that is really close to me knows that I am obsessed with circles, 
and now all of you know it too. 
When I was little I was drawn to circles and anything sphere shaped or round.
 It hasn't changed a bit since I became an adult, I am still obsessed.
 These cute little circle rings are made with an over sized jump rings 
or a circle of some sort and a little silver wire.




Tutorial
Things you need.
  1. Wire 20 gauge sliver* Michael's
  2. Large jump rings or anything you have that is round* Michael's
  3. Pliers 
  4. Candle

 Cut your wire about 6 inches
 Wrap one end of the wire around the jump ring,* I covered where the jump ring meets*.
This might take a little practice but once you do it one or two times, it becomes easier.
 Wrap the wire around your candle to get the shape and size you need
 experiment to see what the perfect size is for you.
 now wrap the other end of the wire around the jump ring.
Trim the excess wire 
make sure it matches the other side on how many times it wraps around.
On this ring mine wrapped around 4 times.



 Now go to town,
They make great little gifts for a friend.
CIRCLE (sun disc, sacred hoop, ring): An ancient and universal symbol of unity, wholeness, infinity, the goddess, female power, and the sun. To earth-centered religions throughout history as well as to many contemporary pagans, it represents the feminine spirit or force, the cosmos or a spiritualized Mother Earth, and a sacred space.






Have a great Thursday.
Lots of <3,
Anne

15 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I just found your blog yesterday and I'm lovin' it. I'm following you. :)

    Niki
    http://www.nikisnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them, can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had never thought of using a tapered candle as a ring mandrel. thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. what type of wire do you use? I have had issues with my wire not being thick enough and too soft...please let me know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 20 gauge Silver wire. I bought mine at Michaels

      Delete
    2. is it sterling silver? is it hard or half hard?

      Delete
    3. Silver plate :) very easy to work with.

      Delete
  5. So cute and delicate, love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even tell you how much I love this idea!!! I will probably try it soon!! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    -Michelle-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this tutorial. I plan to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How big are the jump rings pictured? 10mm?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A jump ring is commonly used in jewelry making as an alternative to using rivets or clasps. It can be made from various materials including metal, plastic, ceramic, glass, wood, leather, stone and other natural substances. Jump Rings for Jewelry making are often used to connect two pieces of jewelry together, such as a necklace with a pendant or earrings with a drop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buy online for Jump Rings at beadsnfashion,Jump Ring for Jewelry Making great collection of jump rings at low prices.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!